[Guidance Question] Deploy separate sensu clusters using same external etcd cluster

I have a 3-node Sensu cluster (sensu-cluster-1) using an external etcd cluster (etcd-cluster-1). Now, I want to deploy a second 3-node Sensu cluster (sensu-cluster-2) which will be a completely separate Sensu cluster but using the same external etcd cluster (etcd-cluster-1). Is it possible to deploy the second 3-node Sensu cluster (sensu-cluster-2) using the same external etcd cluster (etcd-cluster-1)?

From my tests, the second 3-node Sensu cluster (sensu-cluster-2) joins the first 3-node Sensu cluster (sensu-cluster-1) to form a 6 node cluster which is not what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Hey!

As of right now I don’t think this is possible with the current implementation. The etcd key/value namespace sensu-backend is using isn’t configurable…yet. Which explains why you end up getting all of your backends with the same config.

I’ll filed an issue for discussion: https://github.com/sensu/sensu-go/issues/3330

It might be useful if you could jump on that github issue and articulate the use case you are trying to solve here. I’m not sure I understand your use case that would drive this configuration. Naively, I’d just let all my sensu backends share an etcd key/value space if they are sharing the same external etcd cluster and silo operational configs using sensu namespaces. I’m not sure I understand what separating the backends this way buys you, so you may want to comment on the issue to make sure the eng team knows what you are trying to do.