Adding Storage/clients to sensu with out sensu client installed.

Hi All,

I want to migrate my environments hosts/storages/switch/ to sensu instead of using nagios.

I have some questions…

my nagios server is monitoring my storage’s environment with out installing 3rd party applications.
how can I add host/storage/switch with out installing the client on them?

Thanks.
Meir.

You run the check it on a host that does have the sensu-client installed.

I check my mysql services this way – I just have the check verbosely named since they’ll be associated with a host other than the storage/switch/host.

You obviously can’t do this if the check requires looking at a local running process or something that isn’t exposed via an API of some sort.

···

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 7:44:30 AM UTC-7, Meir Finkelstine wrote:

Hi All,

I want to migrate my environments hosts/storages/switch/ to sensu instead of using nagios.

I have some questions…

my nagios server is monitoring my storage’s environment with out installing 3rd party applications.

Thanks.
Meir.

Hi and Thanks for the replay,

how do I add an object/register to the sensu server with out the API that is register the client automatically?

I need to create for each host a json file or I can append to the “client.json” file and after restarting the sensu-client service it will add them to the repository?

Thanks ,
Meir.

···

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 10:32:51 PM UTC+2, aw...@awpti.org wrote:

You run the check it on a host that does have the sensu-client installed.

I check my mysql services this way – I just have the check verbosely named since they’ll be associated with a host other than the storage/switch/host.

You obviously can’t do this if the check requires looking at a local running process or something that isn’t exposed via an API of some sort.

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 7:44:30 AM UTC-7, Meir Finkelstine wrote:

Hi All,

I have some questions…

Thanks.
Meir.