Event handler only for event, not for checks. Is it possible?

Hello,

I have a question regarding sensu event handlers. I want to send email on event. So do I need to specify email handler on every check or is it possible to apply such handler on every event by default?

I’m asking about it, since I’m pushing event from influxdb kapacitor to sensu events and want to send email depending on those events. I don’t have any checks for that in sensu itself, only generated event, on which I want to react.

How to achieve that?

You can specify a default handler which will be used if handlers are not specified at all in the check result / event:
https://sensuapp.org/docs/0.25/guides/getting-started/intro-to-handlers.html#create-the-set-handler-definition

···

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:41 AM, Arturas LIX tevonis@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I have a question regarding sensu event handlers. I want to send email on event. So do I need to specify email handler on every check or is it possible to apply such handler on every event by default?

I’m asking about it, since I’m pushing event from influxdb kapacitor to sensu events and want to send email depending on those events. I don’t have any checks for that in sensu itself, only generated event, on which I want to react.

How to achieve that?