Is it possible to add network device as sensu client?

I would like to using sensu as our centralized monitoring solution, I know the server could be add as sensu client, but what about network device such as router and switch, they are mostly could be ping or be snmpwalk from a sensu client.

how to do that?

I think the best current practice for this is to have one or more servers that run sensu-client and are configured to run checks against your network gear. The downside right now is that the ‘client’ name will be the server running the checks and not the name of the router or switch.

That said, I don’t know how many people are using sensu to monitor traditional network gear. Most users seem to be focused on monitoring higher layers - OS and applications. I’d love to hear from people monitoring network gear.

···

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM, darkblue2000@gmail.com wrote:

I would like to using sensu as our centralized monitoring solution, I know the server could be add as sensu client, but what about network device such as router and switch, they are mostly could be ping or be snmpwalk from a sensu client.
how to do that?

I think network gear monitoring is still largely snmp-based.

···

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:41:59 AM UTC-7, Joe Miller wrote:

I think the best current practice for this is to have one or more servers that run sensu-client and are configured to run checks against your network gear. The downside right now is that the ‘client’ name will be the server running the checks and not the name of the router or switch.

That said, I don’t know how many people are using sensu to monitor traditional network gear. Most users seem to be focused on monitoring higher layers - OS and applications. I’d love to hear from people monitoring network gear.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM, darkbl...@gmail.com wrote:

how to do that?

yes, I know.
but there isn’t a elegant solution to rule them all

network gear snmp + OS metrics + app metrics

check_mk would be a proper choise.

···

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Bruce blysik@gmail.com wrote:

I think network gear monitoring is still largely snmp-based.

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:41:59 AM UTC-7, Joe Miller wrote:

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM, darkbl...@gmail.com wrote:

how to do that?