monitor CPU usage per process

cpu-pcnt-usage-metrics.rb works well for me, collecting OS metrics from clients, which is then fed into Graphite by sensu-server.

But sometimes when CPU usage is high, I’d like to know which process causes it. I’m only really interested in a list of 4 processes; if any other process is causing high CPU then that’s fine, but if any one of these “special” processes is the cause, I’d like that to show in the graphs.

Any idea where to begin looking for a solution?

I’d like to know which process causes it. I’m just truly intrigued by a rundown of 4 courses of action; if whatever other procedure is bringing about high CPU then that is fine, however in the event that any of these “exceptional” procedures is the reason, I’d like that to show in the diagrams.

···

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:16:05 AM UTC+5, Florin Andrei wrote:

cpu-pcnt-usage-metrics.rb works well for me, collecting OS metrics from clients, which is then fed into Graphite by sensu-server.

But sometimes when CPU usage is high, I’d like to know which process causes it. I’m only really interested in a list of 4 processes; if any other process is causing high CPU then that’s fine, but if any one of these “special” processes is the cause, I’d like that to show in the graphs.

Any idea where to begin looking for a solution?

rideables | game cam