Multiple sensu client instances on single system

I need to run multiple sensu client instances on a single system so they can attach to different rabbitmq instances and run different checks.

Do I need two separate sensu installations to do this, or is it possible to do this by just making a copy of the sensu conf.d directory and make changes to the copy and other tweaks to enable a duplicate sensu client service?

I found search references to people running multiple sensu clients on a system, but wasn’t able to get it running.

On CentOS, I wasn’t able to install it to a different location using yum, but I was able to do it using rpm --force -ihv --prefix=/sensu2/ sensu-0.16.0-1.x86_64.rpm

This installs a second instance to /sensu2/, but all the commands in the scripts still point to the default install locations, so it won’t work without making a lot of changes.

Any guidance on how to get multiple clients running on a system (with or without doing a second install) will be much appreciated. Thanks!

What about docker?

···

On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 7:45:22 AM UTC+11, Nav wrote:

I need to run multiple sensu client instances on a single system so they can attach to different rabbitmq instances and run different checks.

Do I need two separate sensu installations to do this, or is it possible to do this by just making a copy of the sensu conf.d directory and make changes to the copy and other tweaks to enable a duplicate sensu client service?

I found search references to people running multiple sensu clients on a system, but wasn’t able to get it running.

On CentOS, I wasn’t able to install it to a different location using yum, but I was able to do it using rpm --force -ihv --prefix=/sensu2/ sensu-0.16.0-1.x86_64.rpm

This installs a second instance to /sensu2/, but all the commands in the scripts still point to the default install locations, so it won’t work without making a lot of changes.

Any guidance on how to get multiple clients running on a system (with or without doing a second install) will be much appreciated. Thanks!