No Keep-alive sent from client > 180 sec

I have a sensu-master on centos 6.5 with 2 nodes running the sensu-client both on centos 6.5.

I have the clients configured and they authenticate via rabbitmq and the transport is ok and the show up in Uchiwa no problem.

The issue I’m seeing right now is in the Uchiwa Dashboard I get the following:

I get these alerts even though the sensu-client is connecting and rabbitmq is talking from the clients to the master. When I click on each client I see something like this:

No keepalive sent from client for 32555 seconds (>=180) 9 hours ago

But the sensu-client is connecting and Rabbitmq shows an active connection to the sensu master.

Are these keepalive alerts false positives or something? What can I do to troubleshoot it?

bud
No keepalive sent from client for 32546 seconds (>=180)
SC Monitor
9 hours ago
coffee
No keepalive sent from client for 1367 seconds (>=180)
SC Monitor
23 minutes ago

Check your system clocks!

···

On 20 July 2015 at 22:17, James Jelinek jelinek@gmail.com wrote:

I have a sensu-master on centos 6.5 with 2 nodes running the sensu-client both on centos 6.5.

I have the clients configured and they authenticate via rabbitmq and the transport is ok and the show up in Uchiwa no problem.

I get these alerts even though the sensu-client is connecting and rabbitmq is talking from the clients to the master. When I click on each client I see something like this:

But the sensu-client is connecting and Rabbitmq shows an active connection to the sensu master.

Are these keepalive alerts false positives or something? What can I do to troubleshoot it?

bud
SC Monitor
9 hours ago
coffee
SC Monitor
23 minutes ago

I think I figured this out. All of my sensu clients were out of time sync with the sensu master. So I stopped ntpd and pushed a sync via ntpdate and restarted ntpd. The keepalives are now working without a problem. :slight_smile:

···

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 4:17:49 PM UTC-5, James Jelinek wrote:

bud
SC Monitor
9 hours ago
coffee
SC Monitor
23 minutes ago

Yeah I figured it out right after posting. Sorry about that. I got them all sync’d up.

···

On 20 July 2015 at 22:17, James Jelinek jelinek@gmail.com wrote:

bud
SC Monitor
9 hours ago
coffee
SC Monitor
23 minutes ago