recommend size of Ram for SENSU

HI,

I had set up Sensu for development with 4GB Ram.Now I need to move to production/testing environment,could you suggest minimum size of Ram needed.I need to monitor 20 servers.

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

we monitor > 150 hosts and we use a m3.medium which is similar to what you’ve got now (~4g mem) - however - we use standalone checks and you should always set safe_mode to true ( in case you haven’t yet )

hope it helps!

alex

···

On Friday, 8 January 2016 12:14:06 UTC, kumar kittu wrote:

HI,

I had set up Sensu for development with 4GB Ram.Now I need to move to production/testing environment,could you suggest minimum size of Ram needed.I need to monitor 20 servers.

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

P.S. memory usage is still very low and i think we can easily go to a higher number of hosts with that ram, however, cpu will become more of a problem especially if/when you have a lot of hosts/checks failing at once

···

On Friday, 8 January 2016 13:58:29 UTC, Alex Leonhardt wrote:

we monitor > 150 hosts and we use a m3.medium which is similar to what you’ve got now (~4g mem) - however - we use standalone checks and you should always set safe_mode to true ( in case you haven’t yet )

hope it helps!

alex

HI,

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

I also monitor 100+ hosts with 40+ checks and our Sensu server has 2G memory and it’s not complaining. :slight_smile:

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2016, at 7:58 AM, Alex Leonhardt aleonhardt.py@gmail.com wrote:

hope it helps!

alex

HI,

Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

Please also confirm redis and rabbitmq RAM size (as of now using 4GB RAM)

Redis and Rabbitmqa are installed in seperate machine.

···

On Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:44:06 PM UTC+5:30, kumar kittu wrote:

HI,

Please suggest

Thanks in advance