Sensu and OpsGenie Integration

Hello All,

I have been wracking my brain for too long on this project. I am attempting to hook in OpsGenie as a handler as well as integrate alerting through OpsGenie Dashboard and mobile app. I have the following errors pop up on the sensu-server.logs regarding the creation of events:

{“timestamp”:“2018-01-05T19:22:56.756654+0000”,“level”:“info”,“message”:“handler output”,“handler”:{“type”:“pipe”,“command”:"/usr/local/share/gems/bin/handler-opsgenie.rb",“name”:“opsgenie”},“event”:{“id”:“2a615c3a-de55-4f03-91b0-a5aab2d0fd60”},“output”:[“opsgenie – failed to create incident – host_alias/app_scriptname\n”]}

Whats the procedure to figure out whats going on here? I have not been able to find anything online. In addition. On the OpsGenie Dashboard how do we go about creating Alerting Fields? I was. told by support to use Dynamic Fields but i have no idea what kind of parameters we are supposed to use for sensu -> opsgenie.

The documentation on this is severely lacking and quite frankly appalling.

Thanks for the assist!

···

Anibal De Jesus
DevOps Engineer

I know there have been some improvements to the logging when failing to submit to opsgenie. I would suggest you upgrade to the latest version of the plugin and open a github issue if its still unclear why its failing. Feel free to ping me as @majormoses in your issue.

···

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:27:32 AM UTC-8, anibal....@mineraltree.com wrote:

Hello All,

I have been wracking my brain for too long on this project. I am attempting to hook in OpsGenie as a handler as well as integrate alerting through OpsGenie Dashboard and mobile app. I have the following errors pop up on the sensu-server.logs regarding the creation of events:

{“timestamp”:“2018-01-05T19:22:56.756654+0000”,“level”:“info”,“message”:“handler output”,“handler”:{“type”:“pipe”,“command”:“/usr/local/share/gems/bin/handler-opsgenie.rb”,“name”:“opsgenie”},“event”:{“id”:“2a615c3a-de55-4f03-91b0-a5aab2d0fd60”},“output”:[“opsgenie – failed to create incident – host_alias/app_scriptname\n”]}

Whats the procedure to figure out whats going on here? I have not been able to find anything online. In addition. On the OpsGenie Dashboard how do we go about creating Alerting Fields? I was. told by support to use Dynamic Fields but i have no idea what kind of parameters we are supposed to use for sensu → opsgenie.

The documentation on this is severely lacking and quite frankly appalling.

Thanks for the assist!

Anibal De Jesus
DevOps Engineer