Sensu Go 6.2.0 is here!

The latest release of Sensu Go, version 6.2.0, is now available for download! :tada:

Sensu Go 5.x and configuration management users rejoice: this release adds support for agent local configuration (i.e., agent.yml) managed entities! Agent entities may now be managed exclusively by their agents when sensu-agent is started with the new agent-managed-entity configuration option. This makes it more straightforward to migrate from Sensu Go 5.x to 6.x, as existing agent entity management workflows (i.e., Puppet) will just work with the new option enabled! Note that you will not be able to edit agent-managed entities via the backend REST API or web UI. This release also includes significant feature enhancements including PostgreSQL backend round-robin check scheduling for better reliability and consistency. Also, the prune API no longer requires cluster-wide permissions; users with limited permissions can put it to use in their namespaces!

Check out the release notes and download the latest version.

1 Like

So glad to hear this!! I had been using the agent config file to pick up certain client-side attributes to display on the alerts, such as current VM hypervisor name. Very glad to see I didn’t have to come up with a workaround for that use case.

yes, with agent-managed-entity it is easier to for us to migrate from Sensu Core - we’ve been setting multiple client attributes via Chef, and attribute list may change over time. Simple restart of sensu-agent to apply new labels/annotations makes it much easier to integrate into exsiting scm workflow.