sensu metrics to logstash

Hi Guys

I have 2 Q

1. There is an option to send metrics from sensu with the Logstash handler like with Graphite occurrence (the metric handler of Graphite)? maybe I can use the same Logstash handler for this purpose?

2. How to use a normal check to send metrics with the correct handler? (for instance there are many checks like Mysql data that I want to see it as metric and not as event)

Thanks

David

Hi David,

1. You may use a TCP handler to send event data to Logstash, giving you occurrence history with all of the event context.

2. You can set “type”: “metric” in the check definition, and then use handler “severities”: [“warning”, “critical”, “unknown”] in any notification handler definitions, to ensure metric events don’t trigger email notifications etc.

Sean.

···

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM, David Mark mim770@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Guys

I have 2 Q

1. There is an option to send metrics from sensu with the Logstash handler like with Graphite occurrence (the metric handler of Graphite)? maybe I can use the same Logstash handler for this purpose?
  1. How to use a normal check to send metrics with the correct handler? (for instance there are many checks like Mysql data that I want to see it as metric and not as event)

Thanks

David