Sensu scaling

Hi.

Anybody have experience with Sensu-core in medium to large multi-site environments ?

Id like feedback on limitations of number hosts and services if somebody has that info.

Thanks

Hey Duncan,

This is one of those I’m going to give you more questions than answers moments, so I apologize ahead of time :slight_smile:

I know of users who are runnings 10s of thousands of clients without a problem, though I know that comes with investment. It’d be helpful to start with an understanding of what kind of conversation this is: do you want to compare and contrast the scalability of Sensu vs XYZ other thing? Or are you wondering how it handles scaling from 10 to 1000 servers and what components need the most attention? In either case, how many checks will you be running / metrics will you be gathering and at what frequency?

I think answering some of these questions will get you pointed in the right direction.

Cheers,

Matt Broberg

VP of Community @ Sensu Inc

join us on Slack!

···

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:29 PM Duncan McIntosh wrote:

Hi.

Anybody have experience with Sensu-core in medium to large multi-site environments ?

Id like feedback on limitations of number hosts and services if somebody has that info.

Thanks