SNMP trap monitoring by MIB or OID

Hey,

I have tried to find a way to monitor SNMP traps by MIB or OID but without a great success.

I have already tried few things but they all have lack of options.

1. warmfusion/sensu-extension-snmptrap - It worked fine with OID but without option for using MIB as input, which makes it complicated. In addition, I didn’t find a way to set the description of the trap as the output.

2. cloudant/sensu-trapd - This one didn’t worked so well, sometimes the dispatcher fails and no event received. Furthermore, there is no option to work with just OID.

If anyone has a better way, i will be thankful if you let me know.

Thanks for the help,

Sagi

Take a look at sensu-extensions-snmp-trap (https://github.com/sensu-extensions/sensu-extensions-snmp-trap). It has an option to load MIBs.

···

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 5:27 AM, Sagi Yosef sagi.yosef56@gmail.com wrote:

Hey,

I have tried to find a way to monitor SNMP traps by MIB or OID but without a great success.

I have already tried few things but they all have lack of options.

1. warmfusion/sensu-extension-snmptrap - It worked fine with OID but without option for using MIB as input, which makes it complicated. In addition, I didn’t find a way to set the description of the trap as the output.
  1. cloudant/sensu-trapd - This one didn’t worked so well, sometimes the dispatcher fails and no event received. Furthermore, there is no option to work with just OID.

If anyone has a better way, i will be thankful if you let me know.

Thanks for the help,

Sagi

Hey Eric, thanks for the advice.
After looking it for a while, I didn't find a way of changing the output or the status for each trap.
Did I miss something, or is it not possible yet?

Best regards,
Sagi