Token substitution : keep JSON format

Hi,

I want to monitor several processes on a server BUT I don’t know how many so I can’t use standard token substitution on the command line.

So i created a plugin check_procs_multi.rb to do a loop on an array of process and call sensu check-procs.rb plugin for each one of them.

My plugin expect the option to be a valid JSON string but sensu client transforms my client configuration string into an inner representation (a tree ?) of the client options.

Here is my client configuration

{

"client":{

"name": "MY_TEST_SERVER",

"address": "0.0.0.0",

"subscriptions": ["ESB"],

"ESB":"{

"procs":[

{

"pid_file": "/my/path/to/pid/one",

"name": "name_one"

},

{

"pid_file": "/my/path/to/pid/two",

"name": "name_two"

},

{

"pid_file": "my/path/to/pid/three",

"name": "name_three"

}

]

}"

}

}

Here is a sample of my plugin

procs = config[:file_pid]

parsed = JSON.parse(procs)

parsed["procs"].each do |proc|

result = `ruby /etc/sensu/plugins/check-procs.rb -f "#{proc["pid_file"]}"`

end

Here is my check configuration (command line only)

“command”: “ruby /etc/sensu/plugins/check_procs_multi.rb -f ‘:::ESB:::’”

But here is what the client send to the plugin (which is no longer a JSON string)

[{:pid_file=>"/my/path/to/pid/one", :name=>“name_one”}, {:pid_file=>"/my/path/to/pid/two", :name=>“name_two”}, {:pid_file=>“my/path/to/pid/three”, :name=>“name_three”}]

So i wonder if there is a simple way to manipulate these data as it is ? Or is there a way to keep the JSON string from the client configuration ?

For now I found a workaround by escaping my client configuration the way that sensu-client does not parse it because it sees it as a string.

Another workaround would be to put these information inside a file and load it in the plugin but i would rather keep all in my client configuration.

Thanks a lot for your help !

GBE.