What "triggers" a handler?

I have a sensu server in AWS that is being used to monitor ec2 instances in multiple regions. I am using RabbitMQs shovel plugin to "shovel messages from the main Rabbit to Rabbits in other regions and back again. Using tcpdump, I have seen the message go from the sensu server to the local Rabbit to the remote Rabbit to the remote ec2 and all the way back to the sensu server. Unfortunately, any results coming from a remote Rabbit fail to trigger a handler. The results from the local ec2 instances work fine, just the remote ones fail. Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking at?

TIA

John Hayden

Hey John,

There are a number of logical checks before running a handler (is the check silenced, is the client silenced, is the check configured to be handled at that severity, is it configured to be handled after that number of occurrences). The server logs, however, should reliably show the results coming back. HTH,

-Nick

ยทยทยท

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:46:49 AM UTC-7, John Hayden wrote:

I have a sensu server in AWS that is being used to monitor ec2 instances in multiple regions. I am using RabbitMQs shovel plugin to "shovel messages from the main Rabbit to Rabbits in other regions and back again. Using tcpdump, I have seen the message go from the sensu server to the local Rabbit to the remote Rabbit to the remote ec2 and all the way back to the sensu server. Unfortunately, any results coming from a remote Rabbit fail to trigger a handler. The results from the local ec2 instances work fine, just the remote ones fail. Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking at?

TIA

John Hayden