ELB Health Check

Hey everyone!

I’m running into an issue that I’m hoping someone else has solved before me that can help :slight_smile:

I have a Sensu cluster running on AWS and am having issues with ELB health checks. It seemed so straightforward that I could simply let the ELB use the /health endpoint, but alas, ELB requires a 200 response to mark a node as “in service” and /health returns 204 when everything is healthy. Has anyone else overcome this in a way that they like? I know there are multiple options for health checks in ELB, but having it actually use the health API would be desirable.

Hello, I just used “/info” as healthecheck, that returns a 200 if all is ok.

···

On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 17:46:07 UTC+1, Wyatt Walter wrote:

Hey everyone!

I’m running into an issue that I’m hoping someone else has solved before me that can help :slight_smile:

I have a Sensu cluster running on AWS and am having issues with ELB health checks. It seemed so straightforward that I could simply let the ELB use the /health endpoint, but alas, ELB requires a 200 response to mark a node as “in service” and /health returns 204 when everything is healthy. Has anyone else overcome this in a way that they like? I know there are multiple options for health checks in ELB, but having it actually use the health API would be desirable.