Event manipulation with sensu

I am new to sensu. I would like to know if sensu could do event manipulation like how riemann could do.

For e.g. (from riemann - " We want to send an email every time a service on a given host starts to report a new state; e.g., goes from reporting “ok”, “ok”, “ok”, … to “error”, “error”, “error”. But in the event of a cascade failure we don’t want to receive hundreds of emails–let’s limit it to five per hour, and if more transitions occur, we’ll roll them all up into the last email for that hour."

Any experience with that?

Thank you.

How about sending sensu events to Riemann and using Riemann’s awesome stream processing capabilities?

You might be able to hack together a handler that does this in sensu but sensu is better suited as a ‘router’ for alerts. Routing them to a tool that specializes in aggregation like Riemann might be a better approach.

There have been lots of folks speculating on connecting Sensu+Riemann but I don’t know if anyone has done it. Perhaps someone has but has not blogged or talked about it much yet.

···

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Amit Shah amits.84@gmail.com wrote:

I am new to sensu. I would like to know if sensu could do event manipulation like how riemann could do.

For e.g. (from riemann - " We want to send an email every time a service on a given host starts to report a new state; e.g., goes from reporting “ok”, “ok”, “ok”, … to “error”, “error”, “error”. But in the event of a cascade failure we don’t want to receive hundreds of emails–let’s limit it to five per hour, and if more transitions occur, we’ll roll them all up into the last email for that hour."

Any experience with that?

Thank you.