As we are testing Sensu for our organization, Need your help with below questions to understand sensu better.
- We noticed sensu mail handler only works when docker container is connected to host network .
- is there any method/mail plugins (postfix etc) to directly send mail other than linking it to the postfix container.
- Email handler requires smtp connection credentials mandatory (As postfix running locally with sendmail utility we can send mails from container) is there any way credentials can be skipped(as credentials has to be updated every 2 months)
- Does Asset Handlers (eg. email handler ) will be downloaded in every sensu-agents to send alerts or sending mails will be taken care by sensu-backend itself(Some of our servers doesn’t have postfix installed so).
- Sensu Entity(agents) by default list the docker container id is there any way to give proper name or alias so that after every restart server agent name doesnt change for particular nodes.
- Mattermost handler plugin doesnt work - request you to suggest working mattermost plugins.
Really appreciate your help if we can get the solutions/suggestions from sensu community as we are still in learning phase :)