Keepalive event based on check

Hi,

I would like to have a check in Sensu to detect if my NAT is down, but I am using Redis as transport and Redis is not part of the network behind the NAT, it is in the internet, so I have no way to notify Redis from the sensu-client (part of the network behind the NAT) if the NAT itself is down. For this reason, I would like to handle this event in the sensu server the same way the keepalive alert works, so I would be handling the event if I am not receiving a positive check during a certain amount of time. In this case, the check script would be custom and based on my own logic. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Jorge

Do you have any option to run another sensu-client outside the NAT?

ยทยทยท

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 2:31:31 PM UTC+2, Jorge Ramon Letosa wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have a check in Sensu to detect if my NAT is down, but I am using Redis as transport and Redis is not part of the network behind the NAT, it is in the internet, so I have no way to notify Redis from the sensu-client (part of the network behind the NAT) if the NAT itself is down. For this reason, I would like to handle this event in the sensu server the same way the keepalive alert works, so I would be handling the event if I am not receiving a positive check during a certain amount of time. In this case, the check script would be custom and based on my own logic. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Jorge