After migrating from sensuclassic to sensugo, we will lose the following features (see https://docs.sensu.io/sensu-core/1.8/migration/#2-translate-checks):
- standalone checks
- check aggregate (licence is required)
- check dependencies
How can we replace the features above?
In my opinion:
- standalone checks can be replaced by subscription based checks: some effort required, it would be easier with an example (before vs after);
- subdue may be replaced with a a “cron” check that will silence a client/check/subscription using REST api;
- check aggregates: check type may be changed from “check” to “metric” (some effort required) and we could used grafana as alert system
- no clue for check dependencies.
What do you suggest?
Any feedback or recipe would be appreciated.