Need a disk check shell script

In my other post I’m having problems installing gems and getting the sensu community plugins scripts to install/run. I’m working on this based on feedback from the community, but in the interim I’m in need of a shell script to check disk space on a host until I can get something done in ruby.

Does anyone know of a shell script that will do this that I can integrate into sensu as a check similar to the check-mem.sh that is in the Sensu app examples?

Thanks,

James

I found one (a nagios plugin script) that seems to be working. Now to get it on all the nodes. I really hope I can get embedded ruby working soon.

-James

···

On Jul 21, 2015, at 2:17 PM, James Jelinek <jelinek@gmail.com> wrote:

In my other post I'm having problems installing gems and getting the sensu community plugins scripts to install/run. I'm working on this based on feedback from the community, but in the interim I'm in need of a shell script to check disk space on a host until I can get something done in ruby.

Does anyone know of a shell script that will do this that I can integrate into sensu as a check similar to the check-mem.sh that is in the Sensu app examples?

Thanks,
James

Don't forget you can use any nagios plugin with sensu, it only cares
about return codes. If you have something that works, use it.
I use plain old check_disk from the nagios plugins package all the time.

···

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM, James Jelinek <jelinek@gmail.com> wrote:

I found one (a nagios plugin script) that seems to be working. Now to get it on all the nodes. I really hope I can get embedded ruby working soon.

-James

In my other post I'm having problems installing gems and getting the sensu community plugins scripts to install/run. I'm working on this based on feedback from the community, but in the interim I'm in need of a shell script to check disk space on a host until I can get something done in ruby.

Thanks,
James

Actually, I needed up using the nagios check-disk script and refactored it to meet our needs. Works like a charm. But I really want to get embedded Ruby working since I write better Ruby than I do bash. I have embedded Ruby enabled but can't get gem dependencies working. Seems like I'm the only one using it in the community. Sigh.

Thanks for your feedback!

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2015, at 22:00, Kyle Anderson <kyle@xkyle.com> wrote:

Don't forget you can use any nagios plugin with sensu, it only cares
about return codes. If you have something that works, use it.
I use plain old check_disk from the nagios plugins package all the time.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM, James Jelinek <jelinek@gmail.com> wrote:

-James

Thanks,
James