Newbie Question: How to point windows client at the sensu server?

I did the five minute install described here. The server appears to be working and now I want to get one of my windows clients to report metrics to the server but at no point during the installation instructions for windows does it say where you configure how to point it at the server that will be receiving the metrics. How do I configure the server that it’s supposed to report to?

You don’t actually point your clients at the sensu server, but rather to the Rabbitmq server (which might or might not be on the same host as the sensu server). The sensu clients will check the rabbitmq server for any queues they subscribe to, and will post their check results back to the Rabbitmq server.

To get your windows clients to talk to the rabbitmq server (or cluster), you need to add some json config. You can either add the config to your main file, or as an additional json file in the conf.d config directory.

Here’s an example config:

{
“rabbitmq”: [
{
“host”: “rabbitmq1.example.com”,
“port”: 5672,
“user”: “sensu”,
“password”: “rabbitmqpassword”,
“vhost”: “/sensu”,
“reconnect_on_error”: false
},
{
“host”: “rabbitmq2.dev.green.net”,
“port”: 5672,
“user”: “sensu”,
“password”: “rabbitmqpassword”,
“vhost”: “/sensu”,
“reconnect_on_error”: false
}
]
}

``

Cheers,

Joel

···

On Monday, 27 June 2016 22:29:18 UTC+1, Seth Paulson wrote:

I did the five minute install described here. The server appears to be working and now I want to get one of my windows clients to report metrics to the server but at no point during the installation instructions for windows does it say where you configure how to point it at the server that will be receiving the metrics. How do I configure the server that it’s supposed to report to?