PagerDuty or alternatives, to integrate with sensu?

Hi all,

I’ll like to listen about experiences with pagerduty or alternatives of this, working with sensu…

We are trying to automate all the NOC task as possible.

THanks

Alejandro

Pagerduty is working well for us, though it can be expensive.

We are a small shop, I’m the only dedicated admin, with one other guy who is available for alerts and emergency fixes.

We have all our alerts handled by pagerduty.

They provide global escalation policies. For example: alert me, then if I haven’t responded in 10 minutes alert the other admin, repeat every 30 minutes.

Then they support per user, user configurable, alerting policies. So for me it’s a push notification to my phone, then an SMS 5 minutes later, but you can do any combination of push, email, SMS, or phone call.

The android app works well, and allows acknowledging and resolving alerts, as well as escalating or reassigning them. It also can show the currently on call staff and all the ways of contacting them.

The setup with sensu was straightforward since their documentation is excellent.

On the downside, pricing is by user (either per month or per year for a discount), so it gets kinda expensive if you need a lot of users.

Hope that helps,

Nicholas

···

On Thu, May 7, 2015, 18:13 Alejandro cdgraff@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I’ll like to listen about experiences with pagerduty or alternatives of this, working with sensu…

THanks

Alejandro

Victorops is pretty stellar. I love their time line and @mention features.

···

On May 7, 2015 7:13 PM, “Alejandro” cdgraff@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

THanks

Alejandro