Remove password prompt from sensu-dashboard

I’ve been digging through the documentation and doing some local tests and I haven’t figured out a way yet to disable the username/password prompt for the dashboard. Is there a way to disable the prompt (we have a reverse proxy in front of the dashboard that takes care of the auth)?

You could have the reverse proxy set the header.

···

On Jul 22, 2014 6:10 PM, “Rafael Fonseca” rafael.magu@gmail.com wrote:

I’ve been digging through the documentation and doing some local tests and I haven’t figured out a way yet to disable the username/password prompt for the dashboard. Is there a way to disable the prompt (we have a reverse proxy in front of the dashboard that takes care of the auth)?

What headers is the dashboard expecting? Standard “Basic:” ?

Rafael Fonseca

Rafael Fonseca on about.me

···

On 23 July 2014 at 1:28:59 pm, Sean Porter (portertech@gmail.com) wrote:

You can disable auth on the sensu dashboard by removing the user + password configuration options.
https://github.com/sensu/sensu-dashboard/blob/master/lib/sensu-dashboard/server.rb#L138

Yes, it is expecting basic auth. I do the same thing that you do in my environment, except I leave the auth on with a static system password, and use apache for ssl+ldap, and proxy after setting the basic auth header on the backend. (base64 user:password)

···

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Rafael Fonseca rafael.magu@gmail.com wrote:

What headers is the dashboard expecting? Standard “Basic:” ?

Rafael Fonseca

Rafael Fonseca - Auckland, New Zealand, Actionstep | about.me

On 23 July 2014 at 1:28:59 pm, Sean Porter (portertech@gmail.com) wrote: