Separating different kind of alarms in uchiwa ?

Hi,

I have been using sensu for a while now and we have different types of alarms in the system (tenant-specific which are application and system related for the OPs team). We loved the sense-architecture and so used the same for the rest of the alarms in our system.

Now the problem that i’m trying to solve is, i want to be able to show these alarms separately in uchiwa. How can i achieve this ?

Any leads on this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

Hi Akshay,

The Sensu Enterprise dashboard offers a role-based access controls (RBAC) feature, which would allow you to have a multi-tenant dashboard: https://sensuapp.org/#compare.

Regards,

Simon

···

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 2:42:35 PM UTC-5, Akshay Kapoor wrote:

Hi,

I have been using sensu for a while now and we have different types of alarms in the system (tenant-specific which are application and system related for the OPs team). We loved the sense-architecture and so used the same for the rest of the alarms in our system.

Now the problem that i’m trying to solve is, i want to be able to show these alarms separately in uchiwa. How can i achieve this ?

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

Thanks for the reply Simon. I think what I want to know is if I can seperate alarms from system Vs application ( let’s for the sake of discussion forget multi-tenancy )

Is there a good way we can achieve this in the existing UI ?

Thanks,

Akshay

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2015, at 9:46 AM, Simon Plourde simon.plourde@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Akshay,

The Sensu Enterprise dashboard offers a role-based access controls (RBAC) feature, which would allow you to have a multi-tenant dashboard: https://sensuapp.org/#compare.

Regards,

Simon

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

This is something you can only do with the enterprise version of the dashboard.

Uchiwa offers you the possibly to manually apply filters based on a subscription (you could have specific subscriptions for system and application checks).

···

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 3:05:20 AM UTC-5, Akshay Kapoor wrote:

Thanks for the reply Simon. I think what I want to know is if I can seperate alarms from system Vs application ( let’s for the sake of discussion forget multi-tenancy )

Thanks,

Akshay

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2015, at 9:46 AM, Simon Plourde simon....@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Akshay,

Regards,

Simon

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

True. But with that as well, on the main events page it will show up all the current events (system and application)

I want to be able to show only the system alarms and not any of the application alarms (application alarms in this case is tenant-alarms for the sake of discussion) to the operations team.

I probably know what you’re saying but not sure if i’m able to explain my requirements. Hope the above is a little better explanation for the problem.

Akshay

···

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Simon Plourde simon.plourde@gmail.com wrote:

Uchiwa offers you the possibly to manually apply filters based on a subscription (you could have specific subscriptions for system and application checks).

Thanks,

Akshay

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Akshay,

Regards,

Simon

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Akshay

There’s unfortunately no way to do something like this with the open source version of Uchiwa however the enterprise version of the dashboard, using RBAC, could restrict the data available to only specific datacenters or subscriptions. This means you could have one or more subscriptions dedicated to your system alarms and have a role with restricted access to these subscriptions so you only see the relevant events.

···

On Friday, November 6, 2015 at 3:18:15 AM UTC-5, Akshay Kapoor wrote:

True. But with that as well, on the main events page it will show up all the current events (system and application)

I want to be able to show only the system alarms and not any of the application alarms (application alarms in this case is tenant-alarms for the sake of discussion) to the operations team.

I probably know what you’re saying but not sure if i’m able to explain my requirements. Hope the above is a little better explanation for the problem.

Akshay

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Simon Plourde simon....@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks,

Akshay

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Akshay,

Regards,

Simon

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Akshay