Server-scheduled checks

I need to understand a little bit of sensu magic … especially how to write the puppet config for it.

Say I have a set of application-specific checks and metrics that run on some remote machines.

The remote machines each have the sensu client, and a set of checks (some “core” and some “app”). The clients and checks have matching subscriptions and subscribers (“core” or “app”).

Assuming these are not standalone checks, what needs to be on the sensu server to get the sensu-server code itself to generate a check request to those clients?

Is that even possible? Must they be standalone checks?

Mojo

The check definitions should exist on sensu-clients and sensu-servers, standalone should be false and an interval should be set.

···

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Mojo mojo.la@gmail.com wrote:

I need to understand a little bit of sensu magic … especially how to write the puppet config for it.

Say I have a set of application-specific checks and metrics that run on some remote machines.

The remote machines each have the sensu client, and a set of checks (some “core” and some “app”). The clients and checks have matching subscriptions and subscribers (“core” or “app”).

Assuming these are not standalone checks, what needs to be on the sensu server to get the sensu-server code itself to generate a check request to those clients?

Is that even possible? Must they be standalone checks?

Mojo