SNS SQS transport

Is anyone using the SNS SQS transport? The gem package seems to be broken. The latest file from the git repository seems to work for the clients. But the server does not receive messages from the queue. All message are in the in flight state...

Hi Philipp.
I’m interested in using SQS instead of RabbitMQ. Could you please share the how to replace those?

Thanks!

···

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 4:42:19 PM UTC-3, Philipp H wrote:

Is anyone using the SNS SQS transport? The gem package seems to be broken. The latest file from the git repository seems to work for the clients. But the server does not receive messages from the queue. All message are in the in flight state…

I have finally managed to get it up and running. You just need to install the latest snssqs gem on the server and clients. I have automated this configuration in my public chef cookbook and a cloud formation template.

There are still some pitfalls. The filtering in Uchiwa depends on subscriptions. But you are not allowed to configure subscriptions otherwise the clients mess up with the server...
Another issue is that the server process sometimes cannot be stopped.

In order to solve the filtering issue I have created a pull request for sensu and snssqs. The basic idea is to configure subscriptions in the client just for Uchiwa and ignore them (standalone mode). Unfortunately portertech has not answered yet.