TCP handler and Silence/Stash

I am using TCP handler to send all events to Graylog for archiving and reporting purpose.

But looks like even if a host/client is silenced or stashed, the TCP handler still sends out event for the said client (Sensu 0.26.x).

Is this an expected behavior? How to ignore events for silenced/stashed clients in TCP handler?

Thanks,

Jay Kumar

Hi Jay,

Apologies for the delayed response but I’ve just now published our new reference document for the native silencing feature added in Sensu 0.26.

You can access the silencing reference document here: https://sensuapp.org/docs/latest/reference/silencing.html

This new built-in silencing replaces the pattern of using Sensu API stashes to indicate that an event from particular check results should be silenced.

This older stash-based approach only worked for plugins written using libraries like sensu-plugin, but the new native silencing applies to handlers of all sorts,

e.g. pipe, tcp, udp, transport, etc., regardless of whether they use sensu-plugin or a similar library.

Please check out the silencing reference doc and let us know if you have any questions?

Cameron \ Team Sensu

···

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 12:51:10 AM UTC-6, Jay Kumar wrote:

I am using TCP handler to send all events to Graylog for archiving and reporting purpose.

But looks like even if a host/client is silenced or stashed, the TCP handler still sends out event for the said client (Sensu 0.26.x).

Is this an expected behavior? How to ignore events for silenced/stashed clients in TCP handler?

Thanks,

Jay Kumar

This is great, thanks for the documentation.

• Jay Kumar
···

On Saturday, 15 October 2016 05:11:34 UTC+5:30, Cameron Johnston wrote:

Hi Jay,

Apologies for the delayed response but I’ve just now published our new reference document for the native silencing feature added in Sensu 0.26.

You can access the silencing reference document here: https://sensuapp.org/docs/latest/reference/silencing.html

This new built-in silencing replaces the pattern of using Sensu API stashes to indicate that an event from particular check results should be silenced.

This older stash-based approach only worked for plugins written using libraries like sensu-plugin, but the new native silencing applies to handlers of all sorts,

e.g. pipe, tcp, udp, transport, etc., regardless of whether they use sensu-plugin or a similar library.

Please check out the silencing reference doc and let us know if you have any questions?

Cameron \ Team Sensu

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 12:51:10 AM UTC-6, Jay Kumar wrote:

Thanks,

Jay Kumar