Uchiwa could connect to sensu go or it's obsolete? - SOLVED

Hi,

I’m new in sensu, and I want to create my own playground. So I installed sensu go 5.1 (backend, agent and cli) on Ubuntu 18.04. Also I install uchiwa 1.5.0-1. All from official repository. I use a simpliest config. After run sensu, I could open Dashboard and see agent.

Also I could successfully connect to sensu api by SOAP UI based on token which generated by using cli tool. But when I try to run uchiwa, I get an a lot of errors, which said that 403 Not Authorized.

I am not sure if it’s a bug, or I missed something in documentation, or Uchiwa is obsolete because Dashboard exist…
Below I put my uchiwa config.

{
  "sensu": [
    {
      "name": "Site",
      "host": "127.0.0.1",
      "port": 8080,
      "path": "/api/core/v2/namespaces/default",
      "user": "admin",
      "pass": "P@ssw0rd!",
      "timeout": 10
    }
  ],
  "uchiwa": {
    "host": "0.0.0.0",
    "port": 3001,
    "refresh": 10
  }
}

If someone could clarify why I couldn’t connect to sensu it’d be great.

Thanks and have a nice day

Hi @mogol,

Sensu Go now contains its own dashboard. Uchiwa will not work with Sensu Go, so you will not be able to use the two together.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Maybe make sense to add this information to release_notes of Sensu Go and / or Uchiwa to avoid similar confusion? Or I simply missed it?

Hi @mogol, you didn’t miss it. It’s not something that I believe we’ve addressed outright in our docs. I’ve got a PR open to add this to the FAQ on the Sensu docs site so that this will be more clear.

1 Like