Usage for sensu-aws-plugin

Hi,

Need help to monitor AWS cloudwatch metrics using sensu. I am using sensu-plugins-aws
to get realtime metrics. So how can I achieve this? Which type of checks I need to use.

I have AWS access & secret keys to read Cloudwatch metrics. I am going to write chef cookbooks for this.

You can use check-cloudwatch-metric.rb to monitor the value of a cloudwatch metric. There’s a few parameters to provide such as the metric name, the dimension, and the thresholds to alert on. You’ll need to supply credentials through one of the methods supported by the aws-sdk such an IAM instance profile or a credential file. See the aws-sdk docs for details on credentials.

···

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:07 AM, rajiv.g@introhive.com wrote:

Hi,

Need help to monitor AWS cloudwatch metrics using sensu. I am using sensu-plugins-aws
to get realtime metrics. So how can I achieve this? Which type of checks I need to use.

I have AWS access & secret keys to read Cloudwatch metrics. I am going to write chef cookbooks for this.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. How can I use this using proxy client. Specifically how I need to supply credentials when using proxy client.

Taking a quick look at the sdk and the check I would say it is not supported atm and would need enhancement to do so. Aws sdk intentionally does not support system proxies for a security reason so each resource that does support proxy has a different way of invoking it thus each check would need to be enhanced to support this.

Some links:

···

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 4:46:47 AM UTC-7, raj...@introhive.com wrote:

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. How can I use this using proxy client. Specifically how I need to supply credentials when using proxy client.

Just replying here for clarity you opened yet another issue, there are now 3 conversations for the same thing. This is not an effective way to communicate so we are only going to respond to 1 issue/forum post. Please have all related communication here: Supply AWS credentials for cloudwatch to proxy client · Issue #219 · sensu-plugins/sensu-plugins-aws · GitHub. I am not saying you can not have multiple issues open if they are related but different issues; I just don’t like the exact same conversation in multiple locations.

···

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:26:58 PM UTC-7, Ben Abrams wrote:

Taking a quick look at the sdk and the check I would say it is not supported atm and would need enhancement to do so. Aws sdk intentionally does not support system proxies for a security reason so each resource that does support proxy has a different way of invoking it thus each check would need to be enhanced to support this.

Some links:

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 4:46:47 AM UTC-7, raj...@introhive.com wrote:

Hi Eric,