Windows 2008 R2 client failing to start

Hi all,

Looking for a little guidance on an issue I’m running into, when trying to start the Sensu client I’m seeing the following error:

{“timestamp”:“2016-10-03T13:44:04.633804+0000”,“level”:“fatal”,“message”:“client subscriptions must be an array”,“object”:{“name”:“HOST-A”,“address”:“10.10.52.16”,“subscriptions”:[“client:HOST-A”]}}

{“timestamp”:“2016-10-03T13:44:04.633804+0000”,“level”:“fatal”,“message”:“SENSU NOT RUNNING!”}

I put the client.json through a linter and it comes back as correctly formatted. Just getting into Sensu monitoring so any pointers would be appreciated.

{
“client”: {
“name”: “HOST-A”,
“address”: “10.10.52.16”,
“subscriptions”: [
“sensu-baseline-windows-2k8”
],
“redact”: [
],
“socket”: {
“bind”: “127.0.0.1”,
“port”: 3030
},
“safe_mode”: false,
“keepalive”: {
},
“environment”: “dev”
}
}

``

Also here is my xml for good measure.

sensu-client Sensu Client This service runs a Sensu client C:\opt\sensu\embedded\bin\ruby C:\opt\sensu\embedded\bin\sensu-client -c C:\opt\sensu\config.json -d C:\opt\sensu\conf.d -l C:\opt\sensu\sensu-client.log

``

Thanks,

Hmm, looks good to me. Can you send the exact json file as an attachment for a good double-check?

Also maybe could you do a sensu-client --print_config ?

From the log it sure looks like that is the file that is getting parsed, but maybe there is some other rogue file with a client definition or something?

···

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Kevin Backman kevinbackman.home@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

Looking for a little guidance on an issue I’m running into, when trying to start the Sensu client I’m seeing the following error:

{“timestamp”:“2016-10-03T13:44:04.633804+0000”,“level”:“fatal”,“message”:“client subscriptions must be an array”,“object”:{“name”:“HOST-A”,“address”:“10.10.52.16”,“subscriptions”:[“client:HOST-A”]}}

{“timestamp”:“2016-10-03T13:44:04.633804+0000”,“level”:“fatal”,“message”:“SENSU NOT RUNNING!”}

I put the client.json through a linter and it comes back as correctly formatted. Just getting into Sensu monitoring so any pointers would be appreciated.

{
],
],
},
},
}
}

``

sensu-client Sensu Client This service runs a Sensu client C:\opt\sensu\embedded\bin\ruby C:\opt\sensu\embedded\bin\sensu-client -c C:\opt\sensu\config.json -d C:\opt\sensu\conf.d -l C:\opt\sensu\sensu-client.log

``

Thanks,

Here is the attached file and output from me trying --print_config:

C:\Users\SysOps>net start sensu-client
The Sensu Client service is starting.
The Sensu Client service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

C:\Users\SysOps>sensu-client --print_config

C:\Users\SysOps>

``

Also the output that starting the service gives you.

client.json (300 Bytes)

···

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 11:16:42 AM UTC-4, Kyle Anderson wrote:

Hmm, looks good to me. Can you send the exact json file as an attachment for a good double-check?

From the log it sure looks like that is the file that is getting parsed, but maybe there is some other rogue file with a client definition or something?

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Kevin Backman kevinbac...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

{
],
],
},
},
}
}

``

``

Thanks,

Well, client.json looks fine.

The fact that print_config returns nothing is odd.

Are you sure there are no other config files with any “client” sections in them? (Like, nothing in c:\opt\sensu\config.json or other rogue files?)

I’m out of ideas.

···

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Kevin Backman kevinbackman.home@gmail.com wrote:

``

Hi all,

{
],
],
},
},
}
}

``

``

Thanks,

Yes, it’s the only client.json. I’m thinking it might be server config related so I’m going to keep digging.

thanks,

···

On Monday, October 3, 2016 at 11:31:53 PM UTC-4, Kyle Anderson wrote:

Well, client.json looks fine.

The fact that print_config returns nothing is odd.

Are you sure there are no other config files with any “client” sections in them? (Like, nothing in c:\opt\sensu\config.json or other rogue files?)

I’m out of ideas.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Kevin Backman kevinbac...@gmail.com wrote:

``

Hi all,

{
],
],
},
},
}
}

``

``

Thanks,