Working sensu setup shows zero checks in dashboard

Hey Matt,

The dashboard and admin display checks that the API has locally defined. You may need to restart the API to pick up the latest changes. These are the checks that the API can issue requests for, not the whole picture.

Sean.

···

On 6 Apr 2013 08:32, “Matt Callaway” matt.callaway@gmail.com wrote:

What must be true for checks to appear in sensu-dashboard and sensu-admin?

I have everything set up and looks right. Checks run. Events pass. I see the dashboard and the admin UI post alerts when checked processes are down. But dashboard and admin have empty “check” pages. Also, I see this in the sensu-server.log:

{“timestamp”:“2013-04-06T10:07:26.308624-0500”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“ignoring config file”,“config_file”:“/etc/sensu/conf.d/checks/processes.json”}

Thanks for the response Sean. Turns out my json was invalid due to the presence of a comment, a vim modeline, at the end

vim: numbers expandtab

Removing this and restarting services made the checks show up.

···

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Sean Porter portertech@gmail.com wrote:

Hey Matt,

The dashboard and admin display checks that the API has locally defined. You may need to restart the API to pick up the latest changes. These are the checks that the API can issue requests for, not the whole picture.

Sean.

On 6 Apr 2013 08:32, “Matt Callaway” matt.callaway@gmail.com wrote:

What must be true for checks to appear in sensu-dashboard and sensu-admin?

I have everything set up and looks right. Checks run. Events pass. I see the dashboard and the admin UI post alerts when checked processes are down. But dashboard and admin have empty “check” pages. Also, I see this in the sensu-server.log:

{“timestamp”:“2013-04-06T10:07:26.308624-0500”,“level”:“warn”,“message”:“ignoring config file”,“config_file”:“/etc/sensu/conf.d/checks/processes.json”}