Ghost Checks

Hi All,

I have recently started playing around with Sensu and so far am loving it.

I have run into one bizarre issue that I am hoping is just me being dumb. I have no idea how to even troubleshoot this so any feedback would be appreciated.

I have multiple (7) checks that appear in Uchiwa with results that I am not scheduling anywhere (they used to be scheduled but were removed) i.e. there are no .json files on the server or on the client to define these checks and I cant figure out where they are coming from.

Environment: standalone sensu core server with rabbit, redis and uchiwa all installed locally (Ubuntu 16.04) and windows clients (this appears on multiple devices so I assume it is a subscription or something).
No checks defined in /etc/sensu/ on the server and no checks defined in C:/opt/sensu on the client.

Let me know if any logs or anything would help and as I said, ANY feedback/assistance will be appreciated.

Have you restarted sensu-client on the machines that used to run these checks?

···

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 11:49:23 PM UTC+1, Negwoh wrote:

Hi All,

I have run into one bizarre issue that I am hoping is just me being dumb. I have no idea how to even troubleshoot this so any feedback would be appreciated.

I have multiple (7) checks that appear in Uchiwa with results that I am not scheduling anywhere (they used to be scheduled but were removed) i.e. there are no .json files on the server or on the client to define these checks and I cant figure out where they are coming from.

Hi, this is the known issue with Sensu for Windows v0.26.5 and below. It’s caused by orphaned processes running even after you stop/restart sensu-client Windows service.

Stop the windows clients service, check for the processes called ruby* and kill them to get rid of those ghost checks.

According to the 0.27.0 release notes this issue should be fixed - https://sensuapp.org/docs/0.27/overview/changelog.html#core-v0-27-0

You can download the latest Sensu for Windows here: http://sensu.global.ssl.fastly.net/msi/2012r2/

Dne úterý 7. února 2017 23:49:23 UTC+1 Negwoh napsal(a):

···

Hi All,

Environment: standalone sensu core server with rabbit, redis and uchiwa all installed locally (Ubuntu 16.04) and windows clients (this appears on multiple devices so I assume it is a subscription or something).
No checks defined in /etc/sensu/ on the server and no checks defined in C:/opt/sensu on the client.

Let me know if any logs or anything would help and as I said, ANY feedback/assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks for the quick responses but this issue was actually man made and not related to the build version of Sensu.

A colleague of mine that was also testing Sensu pointed his client at my rabbit instance so his machine would appear in my Uchiwa for additional clients to test but he also had sensu server installed on his laptop and this pushed all his check requests to my rabbit and because we had a shared subscription name “WINDOWS” all my clients ran his checks.

This did pinpoint some weird behavior like the subscriptions field in uchiwa not existing for his checks, made it really hard to troubleshoot.