sensu for ppc64le (power8) architecture

Hi all – i’ve got a few boxes kicking around that are IBM Power8 (ppc64le according to RHEL) and i need to get sensu onto them. Question is how? :slight_smile:

As a workaround i’m thinking of just remote checks over SSH from another host that i can install sensu onto, but i’m wondering where i could possibly contribute back the results of getting sensu RPMs for these new boxes. And get some help to build out those RPMs before i can contribute them back :wink:

Any pointers or help appreciated!

Thx - pd

Hi Peter,

Our build tools can be found on GitHub (https://github.com/sensu/sensu-omnibus). You should be able to use the build tools to produce your own ppc64le packages (so long as you have the required build environment (compiler, ruby, etc.) but some of the software recipes (config/software/*) may require changes for your architecture.

We’re currently using Amazon AWS for our automated build pipeline which does not have support for ppc64le. As a result we’re currently unable to add any official ppc64le packages.

We have an issue to experiment with QEMU as a replacement for our AWS build pipeline sensu/sensu-omnibus#82 Keep an eye on that issue for any progress (although low priority at this moment).

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Justin

···

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 at 07:44 Peter Daugavietis pdaugavietis@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all – i’ve got a few boxes kicking around that are IBM Power8 (ppc64le according to RHEL) and i need to get sensu onto them. Question is how? :slight_smile:

As a workaround i’m thinking of just remote checks over SSH from another host that i can install sensu onto, but i’m wondering where i could possibly contribute back the results of getting sensu RPMs for these new boxes. And get some help to build out those RPMs before i can contribute them back :wink:

Any pointers or help appreciated!

Thx - pd