Sensu Puppet Module

Hi I want to use the sensu/puppet module to manage sensu.

I am having a problem trying to create handlers and checks using the puppet module. The documentation is good for showing how to use the basic configuration but my entire puppet deployment is using Hiera and I believe this is causing issues with creating handlers and checks.

I was able to use the puppet modules to install both client and server. Now I am trying to create a handler or a check. I keep of getting a error.

This is what I am doing. In my nodes.pp I define a node. In this I add the handler and/or check.

node test {

sender::handler { “default”:

command => “mail blah blah blah”,

}

}

···

~

When I do that I get this error.

Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependency File[/etc/sensu/conf.d/handlers] for Sensu_handler[default] at /etc/puppet/environments/qa/modules/sensu/manifests/handler.pp:144

node test {

sensu::check { “diskspace”:

command => ‘/etc/sensu/plugins/system/check-disk.rb’,

}

}

When I try this I get this error.

Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependency File[/etc/sensu/conf.d/checks] for Sensu_check[diskspace] at /etc/puppet/environments/qa/modules/sensu/manifests/check.pp:120

In my common.yaml I set all my configurations for the sensu but I cannot get the handlers and/or checks to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Anyone with experience with this module? I have tried creating my handlers in my site.pp file but no matter what I do I alwasy get this error.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi, I’m struggling with the same thing you are, but I may have gotten a little further. Maybe we can help each other along the way.

The missing dependencies you reference would be included in the “sensu” class. So along with declaring sensu::handler I think you’d need to “include sensu” above it. That should install the client and set up the missing configuration directories that cause that error message.

Mojo

···

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Johnny Costello blaztoff@gmail.com wrote:

Hi I want to use the sensu/puppet module to manage sensu.

I am having a problem trying to create handlers and checks using the puppet module. The documentation is good for showing how to use the basic configuration but my entire puppet deployment is using Hiera and I believe this is causing issues with creating handlers and checks.

I was able to use the puppet modules to install both client and server. Now I am trying to create a handler or a check. I keep of getting a error.

This is what I am doing. In my nodes.pp I define a node. In this I add the handler and/or check.

node test {

sender::handler { “default”:

command => “mail blah blah blah”,

}

}

~

When I do that I get this error.

Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependency File[/etc/sensu/conf.d/handlers] for Sensu_handler[default] at /etc/puppet/environments/qa/modules/sensu/manifests/handler.pp:144

node test {

sensu::check { “diskspace”:

command => ‘/etc/sensu/plugins/system/check-disk.rb’,

}

}

When I try this I get this error.

Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not find dependency File[/etc/sensu/conf.d/checks] for Sensu_check[diskspace] at /etc/puppet/environments/qa/modules/sensu/manifests/check.pp:120

In my common.yaml I set all my configurations for the sensu but I cannot get the handlers and/or checks to work. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Anyone with experience with this module? I have tried creating my handlers in my site.pp file but no matter what I do I alwasy get this error.

Any ideas?

Thank you