Can we update subscriptions of entities via sensuctl

Sensu Go Topic Template
Make sure to read the docs before asking your question. Please be kind and remember that this those helping you are volunteers.

Having a problem and looking for help? Consider including:

1. What have you already tried? Please include links to gists and/or code blocks (if relatively small)

I have been following https://blog.sensu.io/how-to-scale-your-monitoring-with-sensu-clustering and have setup a backend cluster for Sensu-go. Once everything is setup, i tried to update subscription of one of my agents (which is also a backend) through the sensuctl command from one of the backends via sensuctl entity update <ENTITY-ID> where i update the subscription list to add test subscription.

$ sensuctl entity update <ENTITY-ID>
? Entity Class: agent
? Subscriptions: webserver,all,entity:<ENTITY-ID>,test
Updated

Viewing the entity list again shows that the entity subscription was updated back to the original which was webserver,all,entity:<ENTITY-ID> even though the previous command showed that the entity was potentially updated.

I am trying to avoid manually adding subscription to agents because we have instances which we do not have access to all the time.

1. Tell us about your setup, this should include OS, version of Sensu, version of Sensu components plugin versions (if applicable), anything special about your setup such as an airgapped network or strict ACLs

As mentioned above, the setup is 3 backends in a cluster with 1 of the backend having its agent enabled. This is on CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 system.

$ sensu-backend version
sensu-backend version (devel)+ce, community edition, built with go1.13
$ sensu-agent version
sensu-agent version (devel)+ce, community edition, built with go1.13
$ sensuctl version
sensuctl version (devel)+ce, community edition, built with go1.13
  1. Is there a Github issue related to your issue?

There was a closed Github issue https://github.com/sensu/sensu-go/issues/1461 but i feel the closure did not address the issue.

1. Is there anything else that can help us effectively help you?
    N/A

2. use the Discourse upload button to attach Sensu relevant yaml or json configuration files.

@swapzero at this time, only proxy entities (i.e., entities that are not agents) can be updated via sensuctl. If you’re attempting to update an agent entity, that isn’t currently possible, as any time an agent entity returns a keep alive event, the changes you made via sensuctl will be removed. This is the same behavior as Sensu Classic, so nothing’s really changed in that regard.